Friday, January 28, 2011

He can make us whole

Psalm 34:18-19 "The Lord is close to the Brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time."

I love these verses. God is our Rescuer. He is there to throw out His arms and catch us when we are falling. Ever play that trust game? As you fall back, your friend stands behind you to catch you when you fall. For many this is a hard game to play. To trust someone is an honor and privilege. To trust you know without a doubt they are going to catch you and not allow you to fall. I am blessed with a few that I deeply trust with my life.

My husband is one of them. Other than Christ, he is the one I trust in this world the most. He has been there at the edge of the cliff with me. He has been there through the night. He has seen me at my worst and best, and still chooses to love me. But my husband is not my Savior. He has faults just as I do. He will let me down, just as I let him down. Friends will come and go. But our Lord will always be there. He is One who will never leave me nor will He forsake me. He is there to catch me when no one else is. He knows my deepest thoughts, struggles, and fears. I don't know why the Lord loves me, why He would want to save me, but He does and He did. He gave all for me. What else could He give more than His life to show me how much He loves me?

Now listen to Psalm 34:20, "For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous; not one of them is broken."

Wow, what encouraging words to hear from the God who loves us. As Christians we will suffer, we will struggle, but our spirits will not be broken. In this verse, bones refers to our entire being. There is nothing that can crush us. There is nothing that can destroy us when we have Christ with us.

John 19:36 "These things happened in fulfillment of the Scriptures that say, Not one of His bones will be broken." When Christ was crucified, not one bone was broken on Him. When He was raised from the dead He was perfect. He carried the scars upon His hands, but nothing was broken.

Bring those two verses together and it makes a perfect picture doesn't it? As Christ was made whole, we to will be whole and not broken when we are found in Him. When we are at our weakest, He is at His strongest. Many times I have thought I could not go on and struggled with the fact that there was more to life. But as God brought me through, He has healed me of brokenness I felt, but in some places I carry those scars. Those scars that show His healing power over the strong holds in my life. At times we feel as though we will be destroyed, but God always provides a ram.

Psalm 34:6-10 "In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; He saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the Lord is a guard; He surrounds and defends all who fear Him. Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him! Fear the Lord, you His godly people, for those who fear Him will have all they need."

There are times we just don't realize how much we need the Lord until the Lord is all we have. This world has nothing in comparison to what the Lord can do for us. He can meet each need. He can bring us from the depths of destruction. He can lift those clouds so we can see clearly. There was one dark night in my life as I lay in bed, tears streaming and I cried out to God for help. I felt Him take my hand and whisper to me, "I am here my daughter, be still." I felt His love and mercy wash over me, bringing me comfort and peace. When I woke that morning, my circumstances had not yet changed, but I knew without a doubt that whatever come, it was going to be alright.

We can't go wrong when we place our trust in Christ. Whatever is at your door today my friend, you can face it with Christ. He will meet your needs and He will bring you through to the other side. Life is hard, and sometimes it seems as though for no good reason, but through our pain we are never alone. There are no monsters under the bed, no bogey man in the closet that can touch us when Christ is surrounding us with His love. Find your encouragement in Him today. Look to Him for the answers.

Psalm 62:7 "My victory and honor come from God alone. He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me."

Psalm 145:18 "The Lord is close to all who call on Him, yes, to all who call on Him in truth."

Seek the Lord today to rescue you from your pain, hurt, discouragement, anger, all those things you are holding in. He will lift you out of that pit and set you high above the miry clay. When we cry out to Him, He hears and listens. He is working in our lives even when all is quiet. Don't allow this world to get you down, look to the Lord and be rescued so that you may have life again in Him!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...