Friday, May 28, 2010

FibroWHYalgia by Susan E. Ingebretson

When I received Susan's new book FibroWHYalgia it was an answer to prayer for me. As a sufferer from fibromyalgia I was at a loss in my pain. Even today I wake struggling to make it through the day. When you suffer from fibromyalgia you almost suffer alone, for most do not understand your pain.This book is just what I needed. Susan shares her personal story of living with chronic illness, but she does so much more. Her story doesn't end in her pain, and she doesn't dwell in her pain, nor define herself through her pain. She gives such wisdom, and at times through humor. It was as though she was telling my story, and speaking straight to me with love and concern.How better to write a book, then from your own experiences and this is exactly what Susan has done. This book is well thought out, well written, carrying advice, wisdom, and knowledge not just about fibromyalgia, but eating well, exercising, and keeping your mind focused.I learned to put away the soda, carry water with me, start out at my own pace with exercise and eat natural foods. This book was a new beginning for me. As I sit before you I don't have a fountain soda, I have my water. I can listen to my body, but now I can move forward knowing this is not the end, but just the beginning.Susan provides many websites, books, dvd's, support blogs and groups, healthy living websites, and much more. I encourage you, if you are living with fibromyalgia, a chronic illness, know someone who is, or just want to live better, and healthier, this is a book you want in your hands today. There is so much information, and Susan shares in such a way that is like you and she are just sitting together having lunch. I loved this book, and you will too!

This book was given as a gift from Susan E. Ingebreton for its review.


Here is where you can contact Susan http://www.rebuildingwellness.com/
Sue Ingebretson has been studying health issues, and fibromyalgia in particular, for fourteen years. Committed to helping others afflicted with chronic illness, she serves as the director of program development for the Fibromyalgia Research and Education Center at California State University, Fullerton. She has collaborated in an assortment of community education projects with local support groups and the National Fibromyalgia Association (NFA) to promote education and understanding of chronic illness.She has written articles for the NFA's online and print magazine, Fibromyalgia AWARE, which offers advice, research news, treatment options, and lifestyle tips for fibromyalgia patients. She lives in Anaheim, California, with her husband and her 9 ½ pound Sheltie, Foxy. Sue is available for speaking engagements.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...