Wednesday, April 28, 2010

what's up?

We can get so engaged with whats going on down here that we forget all about whats going on up there! We can begin to look around and nothing seems to make sense. We can get so caught up in us that we forget all about God.
We look at our situations and define ourselves by them instead of defining ourselves as children of God, to which with Him nothing is impossible. Losers look down all the time. Ever walk away from a game you lost and have your head down? Can't see much with your head down all the time. Winners keep their heads up, just as soldiers do. They know they have a strength that can overcome all. That strength is given by God. Soldiers keep their heads up to look out for danger, to watch out for others around them that are not able to do so, and they are equipped with all they need to protect and conquer.

Losers focus on what they are going through as winners are focused on what they are going to do. I don't mean your a loser with a big "L". I am speaking of losers as in not winning the game, always looking at the cup as half empty, always finding the closest pity party, and wallowing in our self doubt. Winners look to God for all they need. When we have followed every instruction of Him, even if we lost the game we can still walk off the field with our heads held high knowing we did all we could do to our best ability.

You don't even have to send out invites to a pity party, everyone knows when your having one. You look down instead of up, and you are counting all the losses instead of seeing the gain.

What's up? God is up. God is right where we need to be focused. When all else begins to cloud our view of Him, we begin to lose sight of what is real and right. When we are wallowing in wrong, we don't realize just how wrong we have been until all we can see is ourselves.

God is here with us and He wants to make a difference in our lives, but until we totally look up to Him and stop looking down at ourselves its not going to happen. When our eyes are just on what we want, we miss out on what He wants. And who am I to stand in line with my order placed to say, "Um, I take this, and I want this, and could you please hurry and help me." How can I go to God and ask Him for anything when I am not willing to give of myself to Him?

Too many times I have looked down, I have focused on me, and wallowed in what is wrong. Too many times I have missed His blessings because I am not focused on Him. I need printed on my forehead, "ITS NOT ABOUT ME".

We tend to be fixers, or I should say I do. I cannot even fix me, only God can do that. It is when I choose to follow Him that I can see the path clearly before me. Ever walk through a path in the woods? If you are not looking up you will soon get slapped with a branch to knock you off your feet. Now, once your down there, its a good time to move to your knees and stay there a while. Its on our knees that we find our forever North.

Just as a soldier must keep his eyes open at all times and be on guard, we too must do the same, watching out for the attacks, and those forces that will cause us to stumble.

Whatever is going on in your life today my friend, look up. Don't get so mixed up in whats going on down here that we lose track of all God is doing up there. For in the midst of our lives God is always at work. And what a work He does indeed! Its when we look up that we will see the Son shining through the clouds.
John 8:12 "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...