Friday, April 23, 2010

feel like giving up today?

If I could count the days I felt like giving up, I would see just how much time I wasted on unbelief. That is exactly what it is when we feel like giving up, unbelief. If we don't believe in ourselves no one will. If we don't love ourselves, no one will. We have a great and mighty God who is at work in us. Even through those days we see nothing happening, God is still working. As we are a work in progress so are the tasks before us.
Thomas Edison said: "Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." You feel like giving up today? don't give up just because things are hard or you see nothing happening. God is at work in us, and only great things can come from His work!!

We must be careful not to compare our success to the world's view of success. It is not about power and prestige, its about following our Savior and be willing vessels for Him, for Him to complete His work through us. His work is not easy, but He will equip us with all we need. We may be standing in front of thousands sharing His word, or we may be concentrating on raising our children right now, teaching a Sunday School class, or reaching out to our co-workers. We may have one who has been laid upon our heart to reach out to.

I am a person with an addictive personality. I can begin three things at once and never finish any. I can tire of doing the same thing over and over again when I feel its not going anywhere. If we are not focusing on our call, we too can tire of doing God's work, for there are times we feel it is not going anywhere, but we cannot see the full, wide width view, only God can. What seems small to us, is big to Him. And what seems big to us, God will supply all we need to keep going if we just stay focused on the real purpose.

Success has nothing to do with us. If we are battling for this world's success we will only see failure in all the work we have put forth. But if we focus on God and make all we do for Him and Him alone, we will see success in a whole new light. For we will soon learn, that without Him we are nothing, but with Him, we are everything.

We cannot define success in numbers, in friends, in popularity, in money, in things, or in what our last name brings. Success is giving. It is serving with a joyful heart. It is waking up each morning and asking, "God, what do You have before me today, and diving in with faith, knowing all things are possible through Him."

I have seen people with big dreams only to give them up when things were a little hard, or not going as they planned. If we follow God's plan, see His vision for us, and put in the time, we will reap His reward and find blessings in all that sweat and tears.

When He is our foundation, there is nothing that can shake us. Giving up is not His plan. Jesus never gave up on us, His children, is there any reason why we should give up so quickly when things get a little hard?

Satan will always be there to say, "Stop. Your nothing. You can't do this. What are you thinking?" Are you hearing his words today? I have noticed the more I am giving of myself for Christ, the closer I am to Him, and when I am sharing in His work, Satan strikes, trying to destroy all before me. But Satan has no power over you or I. When he begins to whisper about our pasts, about our present, we need to remind him of his future. God can make good from anything Satan has to throw at you.

As my migraine beats down on me today, I feel like pulling the cover over my head, but I know the Lord has more for me to do today than feel pity for myself. In doing His will and way I find comfort and peace just being in His presence. God is our biggest cheerleader my friends. Even if there is no one else cheering you on, God is standing there shouting praise for your willingness to continue in His work.

In the bible God uses the little ants to show us they never give up, they have order, and they are the hardest little workers for being so small. Just another of God's wonders for us to see and look at the power He beholds. If He can bring such energy, such devotion to these little ants, just think what He can do through us, His children.

Keep pushing forward today. God sees all your doing and He will fill in the gap for all those who are telling you, you cannot. He knows your passion, for He is the One who placed it there. Don't give up today. Make today the day you place all your trust in God and watch Him to wonders through each step you take for Him!

Proverbs 6:6-8 "Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise! It has no commander, no overseer or ruler, yet it stores up its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest."

Proverbs 30:25 "Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer."
Proverbs 16:3 "Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...