Saturday, March 20, 2010

need some Son?

Do you ever wake and just find yourself needing a touch from the Savior? Maybe your in the midst of your day and all around you is hectic and all you want to do is feel the peace of the Lord wash upon you? Sometimes I just want to stop what I am doing and reach out to Him, allowing Him to shine upon me giving me all I need.

We do seem to need a lot don't we? We want everything this life has to offer. We want others to appreciate us, and we can even want others to notice us, right? We want the "good" things in life. We want to reach in our pockets and pull out all we need to fill our life with "happiness". We want, we want and we want. The thing with wanting is that no matter how much we have, we always want more. Happiness is an addiction. If we don't have all we want we grow angry, sad and bitter. But if life is throwing us a party everyday we are finding ourselves smiling, but as a drug that smile only lasts while the stuff is coming in.

So where do we find what we really need? In the light of Jesus. In life all that "happiness" comes and goes, but the joy that the Lord places in your heart lasts forever, no matter what the situation.

I find at this time in my life God is bringing me to a place where I am finding that all that "stuff" only takes up room, room that is intended for Him, but when my life is cluttered with "stuff" He isn't able to find room to shine. And that is what this girl wants. I want Him to shine down on me. I want to feel His warmth, and to grow in His guidance and in His timing . Who am I to think life should surrounded by my beck and call? God's timing is always best. Its not always easy to wait upon Him, but in that waiting I am learning there are blessings there to be had. It is in those waiting moments, those times of silence that I hear Him loud and clear. It is then that I see His vision for my life and His has so much more meaning than mine.

I too am finding that things don't happen the way I want them to. See, there are too many wants in our language. I need a lot less wants and more time to see the needs of others. When I am stuck on my wants, I lose track of the needs of those very people standing before me.

Things are tough on many in this season of life. The trials that come upon us are sometimes too much for us to bear, but again I am learning that I can bear much when I have the strength of God in me.

Today you might be thinking you need more "stuff" in your life to make you important. It is not the stuff that makes you who you are. It is the simple fact that you are a child of the King! Today we could be stripped from all that we have, and you know what we would have left? Jesus Christ!

Some may say, "Well, you might see it this way since you don't have a lot of stuff right now." Well, may I share, I have had lots of "stuff" in my life, and found the more I had the more I wanted. Stuff is an addiction that is ignored, its cast away because the world wants us to think the more "stuff" we have the better our lives our. When in fact all we really need is to have the love of God wash over us, and in Him we can be content. In Him, we can find the meaning of our lives.

Wherever you are today my friend, reach your eyes to heaven, stretch out your arms to the Lord, open your heart, and let Him wash His love and all His affection upon you. Once you have Jesus, you will learn to let go of all that stuff, for you will no longer need it to feel important. When you are a child of King, He will take care of all your needs and not only give you joy, but everlasting peace to lift you up in the midst of all that is around you!
1 Timothy 6:6-11 "Now godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and clothing, with these shall be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation and snare, and into may foolish and harmful lusts which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in the greediness, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness."
Romans 15:13 " Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Lord, I need a touch from you today. I need to feel Your joy my life and I want to dwell in Your presence every minute. Keep me from "wanting" and open my eyes to all I have in You. Keep all the worldly desires from my heart, and fill me with your everlasting peace and bring me to a place that I am trully content in You.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...