Friday, March 26, 2010

going back

As my blog has a new look I too have a new look. As my blog keeps changing I too keep changing. As I am adding more to my blog and giving it a different design, the Lord is adding more to my heart and changing me to fit His design for my life.
My friend Tami is showing me how to go add labels and tabs to my blog. It will make it easier for others to know where to go for a subject they are looking for. So I am now going back to the beginning of my blog and working through each post adding what is needed. As I do this I can see how the Lord is growing me through my writing. I can see where I was and where I am now. I am seeing the changes He has made in me.

When I began writing I was going through a time in which I thought I would never make it through. That was one reason for my writing. Although I was answering a calling, it was God through this calling that brought me through some of the hardest times in my life.

I am able to go back and shed tears, knowing the raw pain I felt. I too am able to see how God gave His strength and courage to this lost girl. Often it when we go back, even though it is hardest, that is where we see just how far the Lord has brought us.

When I read this scripture from 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 it washes over me a knowing that He has been with me and He is not leaving anytime soon. Listen: "And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. There I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

When we are the weakest we call upon the Lord. His strength is all we need. I can clearly see that in the trials that have come in my life. Many I have shared here within these posts. Many I have yet to share, but one day will. We never realize how much we need Jesus until Jesus is all we have. Sometimes it takes losing the the things we love the most to find out just how much we really need Him. In losing the things most dear to our heart, in the pain of that loss, He is made strong in us.

I am learning to not look at my trials as the end of the world, but a new beginning, a new turn in my walk with Him. I am finding just who this girl is that He has made. If all was perfect, if nothing failed would I really find those things out about myself? Would I call upon Him as I should? Probably not. As much as I love the Lord, in those really great times, we may praise Him, but we are going through life so smoothly that we forget our time with Him. We lose sight of who He wants us to be. So in these trials I am learning to take each one with joy. I have to say it is hard, and it has been a long road, but this road is not over yet. I am still traveling in these twists and turns, facing the unknown just as you are. But in this ride of life we can learn to call upon Him and know that through each circumstance God is growing us. Remember His grace is sufficient. It is in that grace that we find the child He has called us to be.

So as I still search through my posts recalling the past I see more and more of Jesus in my life. Take time today and take a look back, you too will see Him in the most unexpected places.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...