Thursday, March 25, 2010

blessings through change

When I woke up this morning and saw the rain falling I thought, "Oh, not today." But as I began my chores, finished up those dishes and sat down to write I found myself wanting change again and look at what happened! I am blessed beyond words at the love I am shown from my talented friend Tami, who set up my page for me today. There is more to come and I couldn't be more excited.

Do you ever feel the need for change? I use to love that comfortable feeling, but as I am growing in the Lord I am learning that He doesn't want me to be too comfortable and I need to be ready for change. Change is something that comes daily. I am one who loves to move my furniture around, change colors in my home, and just create. That change is always good, but then we do have those changes that are scary, like divorce, losing a job, your children leaving home, the death of a parent, your husband going off to war. Those are the very changes that we do not like, and are so unsure of.

You should have been sitting next to me as Tami was talking me through all these changes. I was terrified something would go wrong, or I would lose something needed. But isn't that our general fears in life about change? The anxiety comes, the fear grips hold and we find ourselves shaken.

But what I am slowly, get that word slowly down, learning to let go and let God. There are things in my control. Those things like my choices, my attitude, and how I react to others. I have a choice in how I am going to walk with the Lord, if I will take advice, and if I will follow Him all the way. But there are those 97% of circumstances that we have no control over at all. So what do you do? You trust God. Simply opening up your heart to Him, opening your hands, and trusting Him with all you have is the way to grow in faith. Once we do that, the anxiety is not so strong, and it leaves. The fear, we find is nothing more than Satan taking control of our lives.

Change is good. Change brings us closer each day to who Christ is calling us to be. So let go of those old ways. Leave that past behind, and reach for the future with a new joy and a strengthened trust in the Lord.

It was not in our control when my husband lost his job. With that came change. Scary change of the unknown, but it is through that unknown that the Lord is growing us. It is through those fears that we are learning to trust and come to know that all our circumstances are changing daily, our Lord is never changing. He is forever the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.

Don't be afraid of change. Don't be afraid of letting go. It just might be the thing that brings you out of your box, and into a new light with Him.

I changed purses yesterday and if you know me well, you know that is a major deal. I went from a bigger purse to a smaller one. To do so I had to let go of a few things that I thought I couldn't leave the house without, and you know what? I left yesterday with my smaller purse and survived! I am realizing I do not have to have all that stuff with me. Letting go of it may bring a big change to me, but it is through that I am seeing that less is really more.

I know there is change coming with our last child at home and ready to spread his wings. Our nest will be empty and new change will hit us right in the heart. But with that change we are honored to watch our son grow, and see who God is calling Him to be.

Just like a butterfly goes through metamorphosis, we too go through change. It is that change that brings about beauty and gives us wings to fly.

Psalm 31:14 "But as for me, I trust in You, O Lord; I say, You are my God."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...