Sunday, February 21, 2010

are you full?

Have you ever watched a squirrel closely? As I ate my french toast this morning, I watch one gathering and hunting. A squirrel stores up his food. He flits and hops from branch to branch, tree to tree in search of the very morsel that will be his treasure for the day. He has great hopes in finding it and doesn't appear to give up to easily. He can't. He knows his very life depends on gathering food for his survival.


Without his precious food he will not survive the harsh conditions. He keeps his eyes open for attack from every side. He stores his food in the deepest of places that he knows will sustain him through each season.


As I woke this morning, before eating my delicious french toast I filled my soul with God's word. I am learning the only way to have this joy that this little squirrel seems to carry is to prepare, to keep my eyes open against the evils of the world, and to dig into God's word, filling my heart with every word He has for me. As I hide God's word in my heart, I know that is something no one or nothing can ever take away.


With His word I can make it through those hot, dry seasons that seem to be barren, those cold ones where the wind blows fierce and chills you to the bone and through those seasons where the rains pour and things are falling away. God's word is for every season in my life.


Now, unlike this little, gathering squirrel I do not want to hoard all my nourishment. I want to share it, I want to show others where it is and how they too can find their treasure.The only way I can do this is if I dig myself into His word. If I concentrate on each word, letting it wash over me and spill deep into my heart.


God never ceases to amaze me at how He can show Himself to me through the simplest of ways.

Through this window this morning watching a squirrel, God opened a window into my heart and showered me with His love.


Dig in, dive in, and flit from page to page, place to place with a an assurance you are not going to fall. God has you in His hands and wants to show you all He has for you.


John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."


Psalm 18:30 "As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust Him."


Psalm 119:11 " Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You."


Psalm 119:105 " Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."


Luke 12:34 "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."


Deuteronomy 8:3 "So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...