Monday, January 25, 2010

have you quenched your thrist yet?

One of the beauties I cannot wait for is the Spring. I love this season for the simpleness in its beauty. I love watching birds out my window as I write. I love sitting on the deck in the sun with a big glass of tea and having the birds come up close, even flying by as if they are finding out just what I am. One of my favorite birds is the hummingbird. It is so tiny, so colorful and unique. As its wings are flapping faster than any other, it can remain still in one place as it drinks from the sweet nectar. If you are a lover of birds you probably have a bird feeder of some kind in your back yard. One gift my oldest daughter had given me for Mothers Day is a bird feeder. It is still hanging from the tree in the front yard. We often have birds of all kinds coming up to feed, but when the hummingbird comes up, it gives a smile just watching. This little bird drinks from the nectar we supply in the feeders many times a day. They seem to go from each spot to another seeking out a supply of nectar to quench their thirst. As it seems also, they share with all their little buddies where they too can come to get full of this sweet drink. It makes me think of me and my Christian life. I know Jesus is my Living Water. It is He and only He that can quench my thirst. But as He quenches my thirst am I like these sweet little hummingbirds, going and sharing with others how and where to find this sweet drink that will forever quench their thirst? A life in which they will never thirst again? A place in which they can find a peace, a safety, and a presence of our God that will never leave us? If such a little bird can seek out a sweet nectar, and share with others how to find it, I should be doing the same each day of my life. I have found the One who will quench that thirst, for He has forever changed my life. For God to set before us such beauty, we can learn from even the smallest of creatures, the biggest of mountains and the widest of oceans just how much He loves us. We have such thirsts and we spend our lifetime looking for things of only emptiness to fill us. They may fill us for a moment, but soon that thirst will return and again we are off looking for something else. Nothing in this life can satisfy like the Living Water Jesus has for us. Try it today, seek Him today and find yourself never thirsting again.
Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."
John 4:13:-14 "Jesus answered, Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...