Sunday, December 20, 2009

whats your status?

On Facebook we can set our status, we can change it as many times a day as we wish. Some write funny things, some tell what they are doing that day, some share the Lord and witness, some ask for prayer, some write when they get a new haircut, a new ring, a new car, when they put their tree up, when they go to work and come home, they may even add a joke, or just share something important to them. Its funny we look at others status and write under it, we may joke with that person or add that we will be praying for them. We often ask questions, sometimes we just have answers to share. In our human lives to some our status is everything. Who you are, who you know, who your friends are, what your job is, how much you make, what kind of car you drive, how big your house is, where you go on vacation are all things that fit into our status. Some even look at people magazine or watch the entertainment shows to see what all the actors are doing. The amazing thing is that as we look at the outside status, God does not care about our status as a person living in the world, He cares about the status of our heart. If our heart is not in the right place, then no matter what we are doing is not going to bring glory to Him. We can change how we look at things right now, today. It is never too late to make a wrong right.(A wise man shared that today) Think about it, no matter how much stuff we accumulate here on earth we can't take it with us. As our Pastor said today,"You never see a U-Haul behind funeral procession." Its not all the stuff we have or if we have the latest styles, if we have the right shoes to go with that light green outfit, or if our sun glasses make us look cool. Life has no meaning without Jesus. When it comes to salvation, it is all about who you know. If you don't know Jesus, you will not find yourself in heaven after you have taken your last breathe. He is the most important person in our lives and as that old song goes, "If I can't have You I don't want nobody else baby", I do not want to be anywhere without my Jesus. I want my status always to be pointed toward Him. I want to be free to be me, to be the person God created me to be. I want to laugh and joke and not have someone take it the wrong way. I want to be able to be silly with my friends and not take life so serious that we just surround ourselves with the bad. I want to be able to be free to be serious and share whats on my heart. I want to be able to cry with a girlfriend and then laugh over something we shared. I never want to put myself on a pedestal and think I am better than another. I never want to exclude someone from being my friend because their status is different. Our status should always, no matter what we are doing point to Christ. We can serve Christ with laughter and we can serve Him with a joyful heart. Its time we step out of our boxes and reach others without being afraid we are going to offend someone. My status on Facebook may say many things throughout the week, but I pray my status always and forever points to my love for my Savior~

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...