Monday, December 21, 2009

they are gifts to Him

Those of you are weary, those who are weak, those who are scared, those who are carrying such heavy loads bring them to the feet of Jesus and lay them down. Although they are great burdens to us, they are gifts to the Lord, for when we lay our burdens at His feet, we are saying to Him," I trust You, I love You, I believe in You and I am giving You control over my life." What do you really give the Savior of the world as a gift? You give Him your heart, and with your heart you let go of all those burdens that are dragging you down, and by giving them to our Savior, by leaving them at His feet, He will lift us up, He will shower us with His blessings for trusting Him and for turning to Him with all we have. What do You give the Savior who has everything? We give Him our hearts, and with our hearts, we spread the love He gives us to others around us. There is no one greater, there is no one with more power, there is no one more mighty, there is no one who loves us more, so why not give Him the gift of our heart, the gift of our love for all He has done for us and for all He will do for us? We don't have to go caroling outside, we can go caroling in our hearts. We can feel the music, we can hear the sound and we can give Him mighty praise when we lay all at His feet. Can you see yourself now? Can you see those burdens you are letting go of? Can you see each one at His feet? Can you see Him picking them up? Can you hear Him praying over each one? Can you see the love in His eyes for you, and every little intricate part of your life? This season give Him the greatest gift we can, may we give Him our hearts, may we give Him all we have and trust Him with our lives, the lives that He has given to us~
Hebrews 12:1-2 " Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has down at the right hand of the throne of God." Colossians 3:2 "Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth."


Last year a sweet little one, Ms. Emma, who seems to have stolen my heart, sang a beautiful song,"What can I give Him, I can give Him my heart." I can still hear this little beauty of God's singing this song, I can hear the words and the impact on my heart. I pray this season you will be touched, I pray you will touch God by trusting him with your life, your loved ones, your circumstances, and all your burdens. As my husband is out looking for work again today, I cannot worry about what is to come tomorrow. I must place my faith in Jesus and know He has a great and mighty plan for us. He has that job out there to bring Him glory, just as He will watch over my sweet baby girls, my sweet sons, and my amazing mother who is weaker by the day, my friends who are struggling, who are fighting for their lives with cancer, and to bring revival to our church, to wash this country and cleanse us from our sins. May we come to Him today, laying down all we have, and never picking it up again, but with each burden we lay down, just trusting in Him, our Mighty, Amazing Savior, the Lover of our souls~

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...