Thursday, December 31, 2009

insecurities

Are there really any securities in life? I can testify to you today, the only security in life we have is Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. As we are young we watch movies about princess' and princes, we watch how all things end in a beautiful way. Life is just not like that. We have struggles, we have hurts, we have addictions, we have loss and sickness. So much hurt around us and all we really want is to be safe and secure. We lock our doors at night to protect our families, we take our children to the doctor to keep them healthy, we get check-ups, we eat right, we live right, and we try as we may to be the best we can be, but as wake, or sleep, as we walk out the door for work, as we lay our baby down, as we kiss our mother good bye, as we send our children off to school, as we go with friends to the mall, nothing, nothing at all is promising things will go as planned. Too many times often than not, things do not go as planned. I never planned to lose the relationship with my daughter, I never planned for my husband to lose his job, I never planned for my health to be a day to day battle, I never planned to lose my dad at such a young age, I never planned on watching my mother lose her eye sight. You fill in your own "I never planned". That is the funny thing, we plan our lives, we plan our day, and we have no control over any part of our life, except the choices we make each moment. That is the only part of our lives that we have control over, our choices. It is those very choices that at times put us on a different course in life. We either make good choices, or they are not wise, but either way, each one effects our lives daily, and they effect the lives of those around us. Our situations in life may not always be because of a choice we made, but very well the choice of another. We seem to find peace in security, but that is the wrong kind of peace to have, we must learn to find peace in all circumstances. I have to tell you, it is hard right now to find peace for me, I find that so much our lives is up in the air, all things are out of control, and sometimes just down right scary, but praise Jesus, that is not the end of the story. This is just another chapter of my life, another part of the story, a story that leads to Him. He is faithful, He is with us, and He is forever good in situations. From the moment I wake, I don't know what will happen throughout the day, but I can find peace in Jesus, in His strength and in His arms. When I lay down at night, I don't know if things will work out as I wish, but I know without a doubt that Jesus is there no matter what. My husband could be laid off for another two years, maybe more, but Jesus isn't going anywhere. The relationship with my daughter may never change, but I have hope, I have faith, and in Jesus there is no empty hope. Things do not always go as we plan, I know my friends did not plan on getting cancer, but it has come into their lives and changed them forevermore, but Jesus hasn't left them, HE is right there. He is in our pain, and we will find Him in our trials, we will find Him in the dark days of life, throughout the roads we don't want to travel, His love is there to carry us through this life of insecurities. He is there to make us feel secure in Him and Him alone. I think that is part of the problem, we try to find security in so many things, and it always brings us right back into His arms. He didn't plan for sin to come into the world, but He made a way through His life, His death, and His resurrection to make us feel secure in knowing He is there, He is here, all we have to do is stop trusting in the world, stop trusting others, stop putting our faith in things that cannot bring us true peace. He never promised life would be easy and everyday would be filled with roses, in fact He told us we would suffer. But the amazing thing is we don't have to stay focused on all those insecurities, we can focus on Him, and trust Him with all we have. My life is not my own, things have happened that I have no control of, I cannot control the situations in my life, but I can control how I react to them. Jesus is calling us, and many times He is calling us in different ways. You may not call upon Jesus until a tragedy strikes, but the beauty is you are calling upon Him. He is the maker of reality, we must focus on what is real and what is lasting, and the things of this world have nothing to offer us. This is not our home. We are in the process of moving, and if you know Him, you already know your new address, you know there is a mansion waiting for you, there is hope in knowing Him. What ever is effecting you today, whatever problem there is, we all have them, and one is not worse than another. Don't ever let anyone tell you your problem is small, or there are many more hurting worse. Yes, there are hurting people all across this land, but Jesus doesn't reach out to one before He does you. He isn't going to think your hurt any less, He feels your pain and sorrow. Hurt is hurt, pain is pain and trials are trials, there is no great or small, for each one effects us, each one brings us to our knees, and right there on our knees is where we will find all the security we need. Jesus is there for you today, He is waiting for you to let go, and let God. He is waiting for you to trust Him, to believe in Him, and to let Him live through you. It is just not through our words that we show others who He is, it is through those very trials, those struggles, and the pain of each day. It is okay for us to cry, it is okay for us to struggle, its okay for us to say, "Jesus I cannot do this anymore, I need You", that is what He is waiting to hear. When others see us in our worst moments, it is then that we can lead them to Christ, for we can point them to Him and show them that even though life is not as we planned it, nothing has changed with God. We are weak, but He is strong, He is mighty, and when we feel life slipping out of control, it is His hands that will lead us into safety. God showed us through Paul, through Silas, through all His disciples, through those in the old testament and new that people would struggle, that trial would come, but He showed us that is not the end. What an amazing legacy to leave His children, knowing there is more, there is true peace, and there is safety in His name above all names~
Psalm138:7-8 "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands."
Psalm 143:9-10 "Deliver me, O Lord, from my enemies; In You I take shelter. Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness."
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...