Friday, October 30, 2009

all this rain

As it has been raining here for more days than I can count, it got me thinking about Noah. I had said,"We might have to build an ark to get out of here", but ya know, that is exactly what Noah had to do, only he had no idea of what rain was until he felt that first drop fall on him. I am just amazed at the story of Noah, his family and the ark and we can't forget about all those animals. We often complain of life, we complain all the time if we are really honest, but just place yourself in that ark! Here you are with family, you really can't go anywhere, you are on a boat filled with every animal Adam named, and its going to be alot of work! I just wonder if Noah had to say over and over again to his family,"Just hush up, and realize how blessed you are to be on this ark, you could have been left behind!" That pretty well sounds like a day in the life of our family outings and there wasn't any rain. I mean, really, can you imagine Noah when God calls him to build the ark? Can you see the look on his face, the bewilderment of it all? When God calls us to do something, we are often fearful of what He is asking, and we want to know the whole story, we want to be filled in with all that is happening, and ya know, following God just isn't like that. We must believe as Noah did, have faith as Noah did, and trust as Noah did. It doesn't say anywhere in scripture that Noah backed away, that he said no, or that he even questioned God, he listened and he obeyed what God had for him to do. Even as much rain as we have had its hard to fathom so much rain that it floods the entire earth, but God is capable of such wonderous works, He is mighty and He is is God. I know as I take our little dog Daisy out for her walks, I am sinking into the ground, it is not a good feeling to be sinking, I want to be on solid ground, I want to be on high ground when the rains fall. Noah and his family were saved from the flood because Noah believed. Can you imagine not finding any other person who was worthy to save? In todays world can you see it all over again? There is evil all over, satan is at work, and I believe the rain is starting to fall. Where are you and your family, are you in the ark, or are you standing on sinking ground watching the rain fall not sure of what is happening? I imagine it didn't take long for those who were laughing at Noah to understand he wasn't so foolish after all. As they walked by him mocking him, and laughing, I can see Noah praying they too would understand, have faith, and believe, but as foolish as they were they chose not to believe and to live out each day for their own selfish desires. There are those days were I too am not living wholly for Christ and I am living in my flesh, so on those days when I am watching the rain and not having another thought, where does that place those people around me? Are they seeing who Christ is through this sinner? Am I showing them the grace of an almighty God who forgives, who lives, and is coming again for His children? Whether we see the ark being built today, we know that Christ is coming, we do not know the date or the time, but we know He is on His way. We should be as Noah, believing as he lived each day building that ark, he didn't falter, he kept going, until it was finished. I imagine he grew tired and weary, just as we do today, but he didn't give up, just as we must have faith as the rain is coming down. As the floods came, as the earth was overcome with water, what was, had come to an end, and after a time God brought forth the rainbow in their vision, and made a promise and with that promise there was love, and a new beginning. Today the rains may be coming down, you may feel as though your on sinking ground, but you must not close your eyes in fear, open them in faith, knowing the Son is coming out again, the clouds are gonna clear, and God is going to show Himself through all you have been touched with. Today can be the day you turn around and see clearly the rainbow He has given. Today can be the day you move to solid ground, have faith, believe that with God all things are possible. Genesis 6:9-12 "This is the genealogy of Noah. Noah was a just man, perfect in his generations. Noah walked with God. And Noah begot three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth." Genesis 6:13-14 "And God said to Noah, The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth. Make yourself an ark of gopherwood; make rooms in the ark, and cover it inside and outside with pitch." Genesis 7:1-4 "Then the Lord said to Noah, Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation. You shall take with you seven each of every clean animal, a male and his female; two each of animals that are unclean, a make and his female; also seven each of birds of the air, male and female, to keep the species alive on the face of all the earth. For after seven more days I will cause it to rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will destroy from the face of the earth all living things that I have made." Genesis 9:12-17 "And God said, This is the sign of the covenant which I made between Me and you, and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: I set My rainbow in the cloud, and it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me and the earth, that the rainbow shall be seen in the cloud; and I will remember My covenant which is between Me and you and every living creature of all flesh; the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. The rainbow sall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all the flesh that is on the earth. And God said to Noah,This is the sign of the covenant which I have established between Me and all flesh that is on the earth." As you see the rains coming, as you see the clouds, don't dispair, follow God, believe and look to the heavens for the rain to clear and the rainbow to appear between the clouds for God's promise is to all.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...