Tuesday, September 29, 2009

why oh why

We have seemed to ask why since we began to speak as children. I can remember when my little ones began asking, "Why mommy?" Everthing was "Why", and for some of those questions, I didn't have an answer then and for today, well, I still don't. We seem to ask why as adults to, it is a little three letter word that we ask daily, throughout our whole lives. There are those questions we can find the answers to, but some, we may never really understand just why. I remember asking why, when my dad died. Why did he have to get cancer, why did he have to be so sick, why did it happen to my dad, why did he have to die at 46 years old? So many questions for a young teenager to ask, and not alot of answers were given at the time. Today, the Lord has shown some of those and has given me peace for the others. Why is one of those universal words with the same meaning to all. We question just about everything, and when something goes terribly wrong, when a trial comes we seem to ask, "Why me", but instead of asking "why me", maybe should ask, "Why not me?" We may not be able to change the situation, but we can begin to change the way we look upon things. I have learned with everything that has touched my life there is a great lesson for me to learn, blessings are there, although I may not see them right off the bat, for the pain is covering all up. When we are right in the middle of a trial, all we can seem to think of is, "Why", and its the why that gets us. It takes hold of us, and we keep asking, with no apparent answer to be found, and we allow ourselves to be brought down in the depths of depression at times, for to be honest, there isn't a answer for every question that comes. When you are a child and you have fallen and scraped your knee, your momma can place a band-aid over your scrape, cover it up until it heals. When we have questions with no answers, even today as adults, we try to so hard uncover the truth of why, when at times, we just need to have faith, believe and allow God's peace to wash over us instead of trying to find a big enough band-aid to cover our pain. Can you imagine how many times God has been asked the question Why? And not just why, but why me? God loves us all the same, He doesn't love one more than the other, and when we are hurting, He too is hurting. He feels our pain, if we rememeber, He was the One feeling our pain on the cross for our sins. He could of very easily left that situation and said no way, but He knew it was the only way. In my life, now that I am older, and have been through so many different trials, I have learned that God is always there, and with each one comes seasons of blessings, some big and some little. All of my trials have not turned out the way I would like, some are still hurting, but God hasn't stopped working in those trials yet. He has given me peace to allow me to keep going, while He is still at work. Just because the trial has moved a little from my mind, doesn't mean He has forgotten the situation. On those days that I am really hurting, I know He is there, and He is not only working in me, but in others. We just don't get to see the whole picture like He does. There is no magic band-aid that we can place on our hurts and make them all go away and find all the answers as to why. I think thats the hard part, we want to know the why of things, and when we can't know, it drives us crazy, waiting to find out. God has given us verses to give us strength and to learn from our trials. He will either stop the storm, the winds and waves that seem to stir us out of control, or He will give us the strength to make it through the storm, He will be our strong rock to give us support, to be there for us to hold on to, so we don't get lost in the waves. We can if allow the why's to drive us there, thats why it is so important to trust God, trust He loves us, and to hang on to His words with all we have. Philippians 4:6-7 "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." Romans 5:3-5 "And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us." Romans 8:18 "For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed to us." Romans 18:26-28 " Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Now He who searches the hearts knows waht the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that all things work together for the good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." We may not have all the answers as to why things happen, but God does have the answers, and with each of us, He has given us a purpose and a plan for our lives.(Jer.29:11) He reveals these things to us at different seasons in our lives. We may not understand all at one time, we aren't meant to. We are meant to lean upon Him, trust Him and with time we will continue to grow, to bless others who are in trials of their own and to search our hearts for the meaning of our life with Christ. So from that first little "Why" from your child, to the "Why" you are asking now, its okay not the have the answers, its okay to ask God, He wants us to lean on Him, when we are weak, He is strong in us. We don't have to stop asking, for me asking "Why" is what brought me to Christ..

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...