Monday, September 14, 2009

today is a new beginning

Yesterday is gone, and today is a bright new day that carries with it all the possiblities, all the opportunities that are open to us by the grace of God. What are you going to do with your new day? Its time to move forward, leaving the past behind, and starting over with Christ at our side, in our hearts, we can be born again today in His name. What has happened in yesterday we have no chance of going back to, but we can begin a new day with a new attitude, full of the Spirit of Christ, moving us forward into all He has for us here and in heaven. We can't change yesterday, but we can change right now, and make the choice to live it with the freedom that Christ gives us in His name. Where are you today? Are you waking up with sunlight streaming through the windows, or are you waking up in the dark with blinds closed? Don't allow the darkness to overtake you, open the blinds and let the Son shine in with all He is waiting to give you today. I have been in that dark room with the blinds pulled tight, keeping the hurt out of sight out of mind, or so I thought. The longer I spent in that dark room, the longer I hung on to my pain, but to let it go is a gift, to let it go is a new beginning. To let Christ in, to let the love of others in covers that pain, and brings out a new joy, only found in Christ. At times we think the day is so long, and we are only going to repeat the same day tomorrow, but I can say without a doubt, that God is good, and darkness only brings forth just how much we need the light. He is our light, He is our praise, He is our everything. In that dark room its hard to see anything but the pain, and the hurt that cuts do deeply. But being in that dark room was no ones choice but mine. Yes, the hurt sent me there, but satan was keeping me there with my own permission. But once I opened the windows and allowed the Son to shine in, satan was no longer there to keep the chains on my pain and hurt. Christ was there to give me freedom, to take my pain and hurt and replace it with His love and grace. That saying "Two's company and three's a crowd", is oh so wrong, three is complete. With our Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit to live inside our hearts only brings completeness to us. It takes away the past, the pain, the hurt, and brings forth to us forgiveness, love, and joy. Christ brings forth the light in our lives, nothing else can give so much in such great capacity. Don't lose yourself in that dark room today, come out and begin anew with Christ who fills you with all you need. Open your eyes, your hearts and He will bring blessings that are overflowing that we can not even comprehend why He would do such great things for us. From being in that dark room and now being in the light of the Lord is humbling, its moving, and its life changing. Five years ago I thought with each breathe it was going to be my last, the pain was too much to bare, but to be here today in God's light, to see all He is doing in my life can only bring a smile to face and a tear to my eye, and thankfulness in my heart for all He has done and is doing today. Many times we have to be broken in order to be used of our mighty God. To let go and to lose what we are so trying to control, only allows God to do what He has wanted to complete in our lives. Don't let today go by with the blinds drawn, open them to all the Son has to give, and what mighty things He has for us today as we begin anew with Him~ "Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit." Psalm 51:10-12

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...