Friday, September 25, 2009

has grief touched you today?

What is it today that you are grieving? Is it the loss of a spouse, the loss of a child, the loss of a job, the loss of your pet, the loss of family, the loss of your health, the loss of a friend, what is touching you today that makes you grieve so? So much touches our lives daily, so much effects our relationships with others, how we feel, how we give and receive. We grieve many things, and we all grieve in different ways. Sometimes we hold in all the pain, trying to overcome. But we must go through that pain, bring it to the surface, and face it before we can overcome. When we take our grief and store it inside, it does so much more damage to our bodies not just physically, but mentally. It begins to take a toll on your body and the way you think begins to change. There are those times when during grief, we close ourselves off to others, and we put ourself in a room, shut the door and never want to come out again.We have all grieved at one time or another, if we haven't yet, we will at some point in our lives. When our lives feel shattered, we feel broken inside, and the blame and hurt add more to our grief. We grieve loss of all that touches us. Although all our grief may be different, and we may not understand what another is grieving, for we have not gone through that pain, but we can understand grief no matter how small or big, grief hurts and takes time to heal. But the amazing thing is that God can help us overcome our grief and pain that is so real and alive in our lives. There are those times when we know we have had a loss and the pain is so deep, we don't even realize we are really grieving inside. We let the anger come, we allow the pain to take over all we do, but we cannot figure out just where the pain is coming from, until we take the time to stop and evaluate our life. For me, I have been grieving the relationship with my daughters for almost six years now. For me, this has been the longest six years of my life. Through grief we learn alot about ourselves, about others, and we learn to rely on Christ as our strength and comfort. There are days that the pain seems to be gone, but just as soon as I begin to live again the pain comes, the loss comes creeping up on me, and it is hard to face the day. I can be shopping and see something that will trigger a memory, a laughter, a feeling, and then the tears begin to fall again, just as they did almost six years ago. I have learned through my trials to give all I have to Christ. To give Him everything, is to give Him my love, my trust, and to place all I have in His hands, and believing that there is a purpose to all. I have the hope that keeps me moving each day, the hope that one day healing will touch us all, and we can move forward with a new love for Christ and praise Him for healing the hurts. For my husband, I think he has been grieving the loss of his job for a year now. Every loss touches us, and if we do not look to God for strength, we are not moving forward but staying in that pain. I know my son grieves for the loss he has felt of not having his brother and sisters here with him. It has effected him greatly in all he does. It makes him furious to hear brothers and sisters say they wish they were an only child, or fighting with one another. He realizes how blessed they are to have their siblings in their life. At the point when we are able to let go of the pain, the loss, and the anger, we can begin to heal, and we can know the freedom God has for us. We make a choice to live in our pain, or to move out of it gaining our strength from Christ. We can grieve a hug that is no longer there, a phone call that never comes, laughter that we hear no more. Grief is a word filled with many meanings, but hope gives all possibilies. If you are grieving today, turn to Jesus and allow Him to heal you and those you love. We can face anything that comes our way with Christ. On those days when the grief seems to pop back up out of no where, let your eyes seek the Lord with an open heart. He can show us understanding that we were never able to feel before. He can give us knowledge to come to the place where He wants us to be. Seek Him daily, or minute by minute to help you overcome your grief. I have learned that I am not alone in my pain, in my grief, He is there with me, showing me new ideas, and a new life, given only by Him. Don't drown in your grief, grab on to Jesus and allow Him to pull you in and save you from all that touches you today my friend. When we choose to be on our knees, we grow. The longer we stay the more He shows us. It may seem cloudy for you today, but the Son will shine on you, and bring you everlasting grace to overcome all that touches your life... "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." Psalm 106:1 "My lovingkindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge, who subdues my people under me." Psalm 144:2 God will not leave us in our grief, He loves us and He will move us away from our hurt, and bring joy to our hearts. "I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." Psalm 18:1-2

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...