Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Who is your biggest cheerleader?

I was always a football fan with my dad. I loved watching football. My favorite team was the Steelers. We would sit by eating chips and dip watching, and cheering them on with each down they got. We were their cheerleaders in our living room. My dad was a big cheerleader of mine. He always cheered me on no matter what I was trying to do. I know my dad was proud, I hope as he looks down today he is proud. We have all had cheerleaders in our lives, or we have cheered others on. My husband and I have cheered our children on as they played sports and went for their dreams. I cheer my husband on each day as he is searching for work, I cheer my son on with each step he takes, I cheer my daughter on as she begins her new path in nursing school. I cheer on one of my bff's as she begins her jewerly company of her own, and brings glory to God in all she does. For another bff, I cheer her on as she raises her little one now with four other children, and is making the most beautiful cards I have ever seen. I cheer on another as she sings for the Lord and sings my favorite song. We can cheer others on with our love, with prayer, with cards, with notes of love, with little gifts, and with hugs. We each have our own gift of cheering others on. What a blessing it is to have amazing people in your life to cheer you on as we walk this road together. As we cheer, we have a much greater cheerleader than any, and that is Christ. He is the best and the biggest cheerleader we will ever have as we walk with Him. He is watching, He is praying, and He is so proud when we do as He plans for us. He gave each of us a purpose that only we can do. Each one of us has someone in our lives to cheer on, that others will not have the opportunity to do, we all have different people in our walk, and we need to reach out to them and cheer them on, for them to be who God made them to be, to never give up, and as we do, we are reaching out a hand of God to those in our reach. God cheers us all on, and what an amazing cheerleader He is. "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have great tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33 Whatever we are facing, God has already overcome and He is cheering us on, as we overcome through Him. We can have confidence and courage knowing God is on the sidelines, in our lives, and all around cheering us on with all His might. Be a cheerleader to someone today, touch their lives by being yourself and just sending them love, which is love from our Savior passed to us with His great gifts.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...