Monday, July 20, 2009

Treasure boxes..

Do you have a treasure box? My daughter keeps a treasure box. She had put it under her bed, and she kept everything ever given to her by love,cards, pictures,letters,all that had touched her in some way. For me, I have a treasure drawer. I have my little drawer jam packed full of cards,letters,little trinkets that mean the world to me. Its funny how we keep things for memories. We keep things to hold in our hands, pictures to look at and remember a special day. Gosh, I have baby shoes from all three of my children, overalls that they all wore, even their little pacifers. Yes, to some that might be extreme, but we tend to keep things that have some kind of meaning. Love has so much meaning. Love is the one word that all over the world it has the same meaning, and all know just how special it is. Love is all throughout the bible. It was for love that Christ gave His life, and love that He is coming again, and preparing a place for us,His children. We reach others with a love that is in our hearts, we can reach them with a special card, a gift to cherish forever,whatever your treasures are, they are treasures of love. God has much to say on treasures also. In "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."Luke 12:34 How much of our treasures are we investing in God? All that we have here will one day be nothing, so why not build our treasures where they are forever safe? Our love for Christ and His love for us cannot be kept in a treasure box, it is to be shared and shown forever. It is the most personal, special gift that will have the most impact on our lives. We can build treasures out of love or personal gain,treasures can be of great impact, or they can take us away from our real treasure we have in Christ. Our treasure box, should be full of Him, it should be near our heart where He wants to live and abide with us forever. As I have my special treasures, I also know where my true living treasure is, He one word spoken away from me at all times. Where are your treasures? Do you know the real treasure that will last forever? Call out to Him today, and He will show you the greatest love of all...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...