Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Just sharing a praise...

Last week our church had camp for the little ones, and then the youth. It is always a great time. Camp was one place I have enjoyed so much, sharing,laughing and getting to know the kids so much better. Sharing Christ with them is a blessing. I can no longer go to camp, for my little body can not take it any longer. So for me, I stay at home and pray for everyone. When my son came home he was full of stories, telling us about each sermon, and the laughs and the fun he had. He also shared is heart with me. This year at camp my son rededicated his life to Christ at 17. He was saved when he was 6, and has walked with Him each day since. But he knew in his heart something was wrong, he wasn't following Christ as He should. He had allowed other things to come in and take His place. For me to hear my son speak these words to me was a rich blessing. Sadly in our world today its hard to find christian young men living for the Lord, but my son humbled himself before the Lord and opened his heart to a new walk, to a new day of love, sweet love of Jesus. As his momma I have to say I was so very proud. He takes a stand for what he believes in, and he shares from his heart with others. I am blessed with a son who as his sister loves to talk to all ages of people, he too follows in that same spirit. He has a gift of everywhere he goes he can start up a conversation with anyone. He has a heart as big as the world. It is a blessing to wake up and see his blue eyes shine, and know behind those eyes is a young man growing, growing with Christ, and learning as he takes each new step. We can learn so much from our children, as I learn so much from mine. I am thankful for camp, I am thankful for all the men and women who go and give their time to these young kids, and open their hearts to what life is really all about. We can all fall away at times, we can all get off track, but the amazing thing is we were made to worship, and we were made to love the Lord. He is forgiving, and He gladly takes our hand and teaches us when we stop wanting to be our own compass, He will be the compass our life and lead us home. To Jake, I say, I love you, and I am so joyful to watch you grow into the young man Christ has called you to be..

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...