Friday, July 24, 2009

Can we even fathom holy?

"The four living creatures, each having six wings, were full of eyes around and within. And they do not rest day or night, saying: Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!" Revelation 4:8 "Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he flew. And one cried to another and said: Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!" Isaiah 6:2-3 "Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; but as He who called you is holy, you aslp be holy in all your conduct, because it is written, Be holy, for I am holy." 1 Peter 1:13-16 We can search throughout the entire bible for scripture about God's holiness, and here in 1 Peter we can see He is calling us to holiness. I cannot fathom just how holy Christ is. For Him to create all before us, for Him to come as man and crawl upon a cross to save us, and to walk here as a man without sin when faced with temptation, for Him to rise into heaven to stand as the Father's side, and to make a place for us is knee bending, face covering, and forever praising in His name. For me I am so undeserving of Christ's love and redemption, but He gives it freely to those who come with willing hearts and minds. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last." Revelation 22:13 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus." Romans 3:23-25 God was here before a word was ever spoken, He was here before the earth was formed, He is here now, and will forever be here. God's glory is so unfathomable to me. I cannot understand all His ways, nor am I capable, but I do know He is worthy to be praised,He is worthy of all we have and all we are. I want to live for His glory, to give Him my best, to love Him each moment of the day. I want to stand behind Him so He gains all glory of anything I do for Him. I am speechless at God's greatness. To see Him face to face someday will be the ultimate gift on top of all He has already done. To see God's beauty all around me, so vast to even understand, so big to fathom, I know without a doubt He is God and He is so deserving of my love and praise. For God to be so big only makes me smaller. For God to be holy, only makes me undeserving. God is perfect without blemish, so my life should be a reflection of His, and I should strive to be holy in His sight, anything less would not be good enough for a God as ours. Lord, I lift up my hands to you, I give you my praise, and I am thanking You for Your gifts I am so underserving of. Today as I see all Your glory around me, I am in wonder of such a God as you.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...