Sunday, June 28, 2009

sin,the more you do it,the less you know it....

Everyday we sin. Everyday I struggle to be the person God has chosen me to be. The more we sin,the less we know it.Run that sentence through your mind a few times. Is this so very true? When we are deep in sin,we don't want to see it,all we are focused on is ourselves,and our wants. The more we sin, the harder it is to come back to what we really know. We were born with a sin nature. We don't have to teach our children how to lie,they know how. We don't have to teach our children to steal,they too know this one. We could put many things in that sentence to fill in the spot. Its funny,when our children were little and they told a lie,we knew exactly,without a doubt they were lieing. They each had their own tell. A little quirky thing that they only did when they lied. Out of five children,they each had their own unique way to show their lie.But why,because they knew it was wrong,they had been taught that.When we are knee deep in sin,we are so focused on the fun we think are having,we can think of every excuse to explain away our sin,but God knows each one. When I was a little girl, I was in the store with my mother, I was walking behind her, and oh my, on the counter were little Minnie Mouse rings. I sneaked one,and put it in my pocket. As we got home,I pulled it out and said,"Look mommy,look at what I found on the floor." She looked into my eyes and knew I was lieing,but she wanted me to say it.She said,"Did you really find that,or did you take it without asking,or without paying?" I said,"really mommy,I found it." She bent down as only a mother can do,and asked me again. This time the tears started rolling, and I even at five,knew what was coming.I thought she was going to take the ring and spank me,but oh,she had different plans. She marched me right back into that store,up to the counter and had me tell them I had stolen a ring and how sorry I was. Was I sorry? I really dont think so. I was mad,I wanted that ring. Now,as I have had children I know the pain of lies, and what they can do. Now, as I am older,I remember the pain and disappointment in her eyes. That is what hurts today,knowing that I hurt my mother by disobeying her. So how much more do I hurt God when He is before me cheering me on, and I disappoint Him? Like a lost dog seeking food from a dumpster,or a trashcan,they dont know the food is bad,is soured,and soon will make them sick. They are in the middle of trash looking for something to fill them up, we too do the same. We may not be in a dumpster, or a trashcan,but we are right smack dab in our sinful life and we just keep staying,looking for something to satisfy.We can search this world high and low to give us something to satisfy,but there is only one thing that can do that.Until we are able to let go of our sin, we can not find Jesus, the peace only He can give.Why not give control over the one who created us and knows all in our lives. What better way to live,just let God have the control and allow ourselves to follow Him. We are hungry, we are thirsy, and we are in need of forgivess. There is only one place to go for all three. 1 John 1:9"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." Matthew 5:6" Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled."Revelation 22:17"And the Spirit and the bride say,'come!'and let him who thirsts come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely."We no longer have to search in hunger and thirst,God is the only one who can satisfy those desires in us. He is the one we need to ask forgiveness of,and the Lord will give it freely. What a blessing,what an awesome God we have standing in the way for us. This world is never going to satisfy us, it will not give us what we are so longing for. This world will eat us up and spit us out. Hospitals are not for healthy people,they are for the sick,just as our church is for the sick in sin. Jesus is the only cure. We can choose to fill our hearts with sin,and let it eat us alive,or we can set our hearts on Christ,and allow Him to fill us with all we need. Which choice to you choose?

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...