Thursday, June 25, 2009

Packing for a weekend away with the girls to WOF..

It is a wonderful thought to go away for a weekend isn't it? Well, I get to do just that this weekend. Me and my girlfriends and church ladies are all going to Women of Faith. If you haven't ever been,I encourage you to go. It is a weekend filled with the most amazing women who share,laugh,cry, and praise the Lord for all He has done,all He is doing, and all He will do. Its great to start packing, get everything ready, and meet each other for the trip there,which really isnt that far from home. It is a weekend that we look forward to all year long. Its a weekend full of praising God, raising our hands in praise, singing along, listening to stories of others, and how God has touched them. We hear of the storms of life, the laughter God brings, and the blessings after the rain. We walk away with so much. Some walk away knowing Christ for the first time, some walk away rededicating their lives to Christ, some walk away with a new knowledge of who they are and how God can move in them, and we all walk away with a new hope, a new dream, and new desires. We learn who we are, and we have so much to share. Just being with the girls is something special, its a gift from God. Each girlfriend brings something unique about them, each girlfriend is facing different challenges and we find new ways to face them together. God is good. He is good no matter what the situation, He is always near, and always working to bring honor and glory to His name. We all have dinner together, we share rooms, and we stay up all night laughing and sharing what God is doing in our lives. We walk away with books, t-shirts, and a knowledge that we are not alone in anything,God is with us, and so are our girlfriends. We so desire to know God more, to know God deeper, and to have a new walk with Him, a sweeter walk than before. God is everything, all around us He is present, and He brings us together praising His name. I am so thankful for this sweet weekend, I am thankful for all my girlfriends who know my deepest thoughts and know who I really am. I am thankful for those new friendships that are building and growing as we walk together. I pray for this weekend, I pray for our safety, I pray for God to do a work in us like never before. I pray as we walk this weekend, we shine for Jesus, that His light is a reflection off us onto others. I pray all we meet will find what they are looking for. The only true joy, the true lover of our souls. May He be made known to all this wonderful weekend with the girls....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...