Monday, June 29, 2009

Are ya showing the love?

John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all will know that you are My disiples, if you have love for one another." Do we always love others as we love ourselves? Do we always treat others like we want to be treated? Are we helping a neighbor in need? Are we giving to the poor? It is so easy to love your family and friends,but what about those who are not so nice to you? What about those you know speak badly of you? What about those self-seekers, who aren't thinking of anyone but themselves? If I am honest,sure I can put my name in all those sentences.Its not easy to love those who do us wrong. But look what Christ did for us. He shed His blood for all sinners, me included. Christ loves even when we make fun of Him.Christ loves even when others don't speak to Him. Christ loves others when people say mean things about Him. Christ loves those who do not obey Him. Christ loves those who chose to walk away.He loves those who lie,cheat,steal, and live for themselves and not Him. He loves us even when we make the wrong choices. We mess up big time,Christ still loves us. How many people do we know who hurt us,make us angry,and are just not nice? Many. But should we be mean back? No. Yes, we stand for ourselves,but in a Godly way. Christ paved the way for love. He lived for love and He died for love.Are you willing to do the same? That is a hard question for us. We can think of every excuse not to show love to someone,but I believe Christ covered all those excuses when He was upon the cross. I pray God will give me the strength I need to wake every morning loving all around me. I pray that I can be Christ like,and love those who do not love me. I have to admit,I really struggle with this. I want to overcome,and the only way I can really overcome is by allowing Christ's love to flow through me. If I am not showing love,how then can I expect others to?

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...