Saturday, May 30, 2009

When did you know what you wanted to be?

Its funny now that I look back over my life and see the dreams I thought I wanted to achieve. When I was a kid,I played teacher, and nurse.Those were the things I really wanted to do.To be a nurse or a teacher was my plan.I remember keeping a notebook of my students,and placing paper around my bed for each student bear or doll. I would really stand and teach,act like I was grading papers and having roll call. I did it all. Now, being a nurse, I had all the things needed to act that out also. I nursed my dolls,bears and my parents back to health. I know I was strange kid with a vivid imagination. When we were taking these crazy quizzes on facebook just a few days ago something caught my attention.I had the question,"What did I want to be most when I was a kid?" I had to really think about that, and I came up with a writer. Some of my friends,ofcourse said they knew me better than myself. But as I looked back over my childhood,I was the kid with the pen and paper. I carried it everywhere. I still do today.I was the kid who loved to read,escape to other lands and imagine. I was the kid writing stories about all kinds of different things. I had forgotten that until I took that quiz. Its funny how God helps us to see the clear picture. He gives us desires and goals. He instills in us the gifts that He gives out to His children. Sometimes I will hear people say,"I had this dream,but it never came true." Maybe that was because they weren't seeing the whole picture just yet. My plans were changed also,or so I thought. But being a mom,I have homeschooled my children. I taught them new things everyday. I have been a Sunday school teacher,and an awana teacher. So that dream has been fulfilled,maybe not how I saw it,but how God saw it. As a mother I have nursed my children back to health,I have helped others when they have been hurt. I am a mercy,and that is a gift from God. I may not wear a white uniform,and walk the halls of a hospital,but God has lead me to others to help them,and when my children were up all night,I was right there holding them,giving them medication and giving them love. Healing many scraps and bruises. So now I am left with a writer. I have been writing a journal for years now.It had become a helper in my healing process with pain.Today I write this blog and never in a million years would I have thought others would be reading it and being blessed. I may never be on the New York Best Sellers List,but I am sharing the word of God with others,I am sharing my struggles and blessings in serving God. He isn't finished with me yet,and He knows the plans He has for me.Jer.29:11 states;"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you,says the Lord,thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." I can either look at my life and say,"Well I never got to...." Or I can look at my life and see how God has worked and instilled qualities in me that He knew I would use in many different ways. He knows the whole picture,we only see what is right in front of us. If we put our faith and trust in Him,He will guide us,and show us the way He wants us to go. We must stop looking at our lives as though we have failed or just aren't doing the right thing.Chances are,your right where God wants you to be,we just have to look up,pray and ask Him,"What do you want to do with me?" Then we take our gifts and use them for His glory and honor....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...