Sunday, May 24, 2009

What is it that we really need?

What is it that we really need in life? Is it a new home,a new car,maybe new shoes would be nice,even a new purse to hold all our stuff that we so desperatly think we need. We tend to fill our lives with stuff. The stuff seems to be what we think we need. Have you ever gone to yardsales or even auctions and seen something really cheap and just had to buy it? Even at the shopping mall,you go and find a great sale,you buy it because you thought it was a great deal and you needed it. I don't know how many times I have come home with stuff, and my husband has said,"Did you really need that?" Well, ofcourse I did, or so I thought I did,until I had it for awhile and began to think,why did I buy this in the first place. Our lives can contain so much junk that we think we need. All we really need is Jesus and His love. All the other stuff in my life is really of no value. But the love Christ has for me is. Psalm 46:1 says; "God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble." He is always with us,and will help us in our troubles. He is our strength,and our refuge. Wow, I can turn to Him with anything I have and share with Him my whole heart. I can turn to Him when I am weak and He will give me His strength. In Isaiah 58:11 it tells us; "The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones,you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail." Is that not a beautiful verse? God is our everything. He is all we need to satisfy us. Can you picture a beautiful garden with flowers and blooms of all kinds? That can be us, as God waters us with His love and strength,we can feel as beautiful as that watered garden. In Philippians 4:19 it also says; "And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."God will take care of our needs. He never said our wants,but our needs. He will give us ALL. What an awesome verse to come to and see His love spilling over for us. He loved us so much He gave His life for us.(John 3:16) And now on top of that He will supply all our needs. This world can be a mean place,full of mean people. If we never find love here on earth,we can find true love in Christ Jesus. He wants us to come to Him,and He wants to live in us, filling us with His love. The next time your out and you see a really good sale. Ask yourself,is that what I really need today,or can God fill what I so desperatly need. He can and He will.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...