Thursday, May 28, 2009

Trusting God no matter what...

A few years ago I found myself having a mammogram. I had gone in for my yearly check up. I had to have the dreaded mammogram,and they just are not fun for me. But as women we must have them, for they can save our lives. My mammogram had come back with a bad result. As soon as I heard the nurse telling me I had to come back in for another one because something just doesn't look right, I began to cry. I had let satan get into my mind, and allow me to think that something was really wrong before I ever had the second mammogram. Why do we allow ourselves to get caught up in all that worry that in the end just makes us sick?I had spent days worrying. As I went in for my second mammogram, my mom went with me. I did feel comfort knowing she was with me.Its amazing how much comfort our moms can give us. As I waited for my results, I remembered a movie I had seen, "Facing the Giants",and I thought of the part where the woman had gone in for her pregnancy test and she wasn't sure of what was going to happen. But as she stood there,she began to pray to God. She placed all her faith right where it was suppose to be. She had told Him, no matter what the results I will be faithful and follow you. She was telling God, that no matter what she was going to love Him and serve Him. As I sat there waiting for my results in this little room, next to me was a woman that had lost her hair do to chemotherapy. I was beginning to shake inside. But I sat there and prayed silently for the woman next to me, and through that I said,"God,no matter what I will serve you, and trust you with my life." I just kept repeating it. Soon the nurse called my name to come with her.As we walked I kept repeating it over and over. I felt this huge weight come off of me, and felt a peace that only God can give. She turned to me and told me I was fine. That my mammogram was great, that it was only a shadow. I stood there for what seemed like forever and just stared at her. She asked me if I was okay, and I asked her to repeat herself. As she told me again I started to cry. She said,"Whats wrong honey,your fine?" All I could do was look her in the eye and say, "God is just good." When my mom saw that I came out crying, she thought the worse,but I shared with her what had taken place, and she too cried. I didn't just cry because my test was negative, I was crying also because I felt the presence of God. I was feeling a peace inside that whether my test was fine or it showed cancer,I knew God was going to see me through with His love and strength. In Psalm 37:3 it states; "Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness."That verse is telling us not to fret over what comes our way. Have faith in God, and trust Him with our lives and all that touches us. To do good, is to go to Him with trust knowing that He is in control.For us to dwell in His land and gain all that peace He has for us. For us to feed on His faithfulness, is to know that no matter what the results, we are going to believe in Him and put our faith where it belongs. Right there in His hands.As He was faithful to be there with me on that day, He too is faithful to there for you no matter what trials you are facing...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...