Monday, May 25, 2009

The bean plant....

Remember when you were in kindergarden or 1st grade and you got to grow a bean plant? I think everyone has had this experience,and if you haven't you have watched your children bring them home. I remember mine in kindergarden. I brought it home in a little styrofoam cup. My mom set it in the window,watered it everyday and I waited, and waited to watch it grow. I would go into the kitchen every morning and look at my little cup that I began to cherish. One day as I came into the kitchen I looked up at my little cup and right there was the little green sprout. I was so excited to see that little plant growing. At school we had put in the dirt, next we added the seed,and watered it just enough to make the soil moist. At home it kept growing, getting bigger and bigger,until one day the little seed coat fell off and now it was really ready to grow. Our lives are like this little bean plant with Christ. Someone comes along and sees the dirt and knows that it would be much more beautiful if there was something in that old dirt. They plant the seed,then someone else comes along and waters it,still next someone comes along and makes sure it is growing upward. Then you have the gift giver watching the little seed grow into something grand. We cannot add too much water at once or the little seed becomes overwhelmed and drowns. But if we take our time feeding it and giving small amounts of water,we are blessed to watch it grow. It not only grows but it produces food. And with that comes more seed we can plant,water,and with love and care watch it grow.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...