Thursday, May 21, 2009

Are we ever alone?

Psalm 138:7 states this; "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me." We can be confident that in this life we will have trouble, we will have trials.We can also be confident that God is always with us. Just as when I was a little girl afraid,I would reach out for my daddies hand. He had huge hands,and within them I knew I was safe. Even though my daddies hands were big,God's hands are bigger. In our times of trouble God will reach out to us,protecting us, leading us, and loving us through all those trials. Just as if a man were hanging off a cliff, knowing danger is around him,and knowing he is about to fall,out of nowhere a hand comes and pulls him up to safety. This is a picture of God with us. In my life I have felt as though I was falling and had no chance of reviving myself. But see, God was there,He reached out to me,pulled me up to Him and He revived me with His loving hands.Just as when we were children and we were afraid at night.We call out to our daddy.And what does He do? He looks under the bed, in the closets, behind the curtains,and sits by us. Telling us all is safe,and with that assurance we can fall back to sleep. God is our monster killer. He is our safe haven. He reaches out to us,and not only pulls us up,but makes sure we can stand. The amazing thing is,we never just stand alone,He is always there with us. We don't have to fear our enemies, we have nothing to fear with Christ at our side fighting for us. Just as I said God's hands are bigger,well, no problem,no trial,no enemy, no trouble is too big for God.God is bigger than anything we will ever face in this world. We can know that He is bigger than anything to come our way. If we just get out of the way and let Him take the lead,He will pull us to safety, and take care of those enemies around us that we think are too big for us. They are too big for us, but not for God.With His love and power we can live each day trusting in Him, knowing He indeed has got our back.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...