Saturday, May 30, 2009

Are you stuck in a lions den?

In Danial chapter 6:10-23 it tells the story of Danial in the lions den. This has been a favorite story of my children.I remember having this book of bible stories for children,and asking my kids,"Which story do you want to read today?" Over and over again my son would yell out,"Danial,mom,tell us about Danial." Here in this story, Danial is thrown into the lions den for praying to God,and not bowing down to their idols. Because of Danials great faith and knowing God was with him and would not allow harm to come upon him,King Darius worshipped God throughout the rest of his reign. Danial brought God honor through his faithfulness and trust in Him. Danial didn't do anything to hurt King Darius,he only stated the truth and took a stand for God. His God and King. He wasn't going to worship any other thing brought before him.God blessed Danial for trusting in Him,and serving Him.Has anything brought you to the lions den lately? Could someone look at our lives and find Jesus there? Could they just take a peek and not even have to search and find God in our lives?We struggle daily to follow Him instead of ourselves,instead of the world and those around us. People should be able to see a change in us as we have placed our trust and faith in Christ Jesus and Him alone. Is there something in our lives that would point straight to God and we be thrown into the den of lions? I can only hope that my life shows my love for Jesus. I pray my speech,my actions,and my love show that I love Jesus,that I put my life in His hands. The lions can never touch us,for we have the power of God inside us. With His strength and might we can conquer anything that comes our way. Don't be afraid of the lions in your way or that are all around you. Stand,believe,and trust,knowing God is right there to fight them for us,because He loves us so.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...