Thursday, April 16, 2009

Waiting on your answer to prayer?

Do you ever pray and pray,still your hearing nothing from the Lord? Waiting is the hardest thing ever.When we wait,we can sometimes wonder,"Is He hearing my prayers?" My life lately,has been like that. I feel like I am in the wilderness,walking around,not sure which direction to go.Are lives can be difficult at times. In those times we go to the Lord in prayer and we cry out to Him. There are things I have been praying for,for many years now.My heart is full,and as I walk this road,curvy,beaten,and lots of potholes,I really begin to wonder if my prayers are being heard.Then I turn to Gods word,and I keep looking up,and He finds me.Then today I came across these verses. Colossians 1:9-18,it says,"For this reason we also,since the day we heard it,do not cease to pray for you,and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;that you may walk worthy of the Lord,fully pleasing Him,being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might,according to His glorious power,for all patience and longsuffering with joy;giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light.He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,in whom we have redemption through His blood,the forgiveness of sins.He is the image of the invisible God,the firstborn over all creation.For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth,visible and invisible,whether thrones or dominions or principalites or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.And He is before all things,and in Him all things consist.And He is the head of the body,the church,who is the beginning,the firstborn form the dead,that in all things He may have the preeminence.After reading this scripture I had my answers. God created everything here on earth and in Heaven,He knows all and nothing goes through His hands without Him knowing,He gives us strength and wisdom in His knowledge.He is everything,and everything under the sun and above it is under His love.He sees all,and knows all.Whether we can see Him working,or whether it is invisible to our eyes,He is still doing a work in us,and for those we are praying for.He hears our prayers,He knows them before we speak them.He answers all prayers in His time,and in His way.I have to pray in His name for His will to be done,not my will,or how I think my prayers should be answered.If God created all,He cares for all.He hears my prayers,and He will answer them in His way.I must have patience,and be longsuffering.While I am waiting on Him to answer my prayers He is molding us,and shaping us,and those we are praying for.We must not stop praying or even get discouraged because He is with us,and not one minute goes by that He isnt seeing.I have to trust in Him,and know that He is my Lord and Savior.He hears every whisper and every name before Him.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...