Monday, April 20, 2009

POEM BY FANNY CROSBY

MORE LIKE JESUS WOULD I BE
More like Jesus would I be,
Let my Saviour dwell in me;
Fill my soul with peace and love,
Make me gentle like a dove;
More like Jesus,while I do,
Pilgrim in this world below;
Poor in spirit would I be;
Let my Saviour dwell in me.
If He hears the raven's cry,
If His ever-watchful eye
Marks the sparrows when they fall,
Surely He will hear my call;
He will teach me how to live,
All my sinful thoughts forgive;
Pure in heart I still would be;
Let my Saviour dwell in me.
More like Jesus when I pray,
More like Jesus day by day,
May I rest me by His side,
where the tranquil waters glide;
born of Him,through grace renewed,
By His love my will subdued,
Rich in faith I still would be;
Let my Saviour dwell in me.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...