Tuesday, April 28, 2009

He Is Our Everything

In Psalm 28:6-7 "Praise be to the Lord,for he has heard my cry for mercy.The Lord is my strength,and my shield; my heart trusts in Him,and I am helped.My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song." How many times do we wonder if God hears our cry? How many times do we turn other ways trying to find strength?What do we really put our trust in?Many times ourselves,and I know from experience that doesn't work out for God's glory.We also live our lives trying to find happiness.This verse touched my heart as I read it today.In this verse we can see with our own eyes that He does hear our cries.He is our strength and our shield in this evil world we live in,no one can protect us or sustain us like Christ can.The last part of this verse I sometimes struggle with.That we should have joy in our hearts,and give thanks for everything to Him in song.It doesn't say only the good things,or the happy things,it says all things,even those struggles,those days where we think the load is too heavy,those temptations,those days where the tears just seem to fall.We are to be joyful in ALL. Happiness is a feeling,that changes with our circumstances,but joy is placed in our hearts by God.We can still have joy,no matter what the situation,knowing that nothing touches us,without first touching Christ,who strengthens us.He is our strength on those days that seem like there is no end in sight,He can get us through if we allow Him to,and stop trying to count on ourselves or our husbands to make things better.He is also our shield,for those harsh words that come against us,for those lies told about us,for all the evil that satan tries to through our way to discourage us and turn us away from Christ.He has a purpose and a plan for everything in our lives,we just need to turn to Him to find out what it is,and stop trying to figure it all out on our own.I need Him to be my strength and my shield.I need His mercy and also His grace that He so freely gives.I try each day to rejoice in Him,and to give Him praise for all that touches me,and if I am honest,when I do trust in Him,and allow Him to cover me,I am so blessed and feel His peace in my heart.I have had those days where I didn't think I would make it through,and I did,with God's love and for the prayers of others around me.Jesus is what it is all about.I cannot imagine my life without Him.I wouldn't want to be here without Him,and even on those days where things are falling apart,I am learning to give praise to Him,and sing a joyful song,because through it all I have grown closer to Him,and I have learned so much.He wants to dwell in our hearts,to lead us,and be our everything.So lets turn our eyes upon Him,and praise Him each day for all that enters our lives,for He has a reason,we just have to look to Him to find out what it is.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...