Saturday, March 21, 2009

Why do we do the things we do?

I found a verse this morning from 1 Corinthians 10:31a.It says"Therefore, whether you eat or drink,or whatever you do,do all for the glory of the God." I had to ask myself this question of whether I do that or not. Do I at times do things for selfish reasons? Do I do everything with wanting to bring glory and honor to God? In our lives it is so easy to get bogged down with so many things we forget why we are doing them in the first place. That is our purpose on earth,to bring glory and honor to God. So why do we seem to be moving away from that? We tend to put people on a pedistal, and raise them up.We tend to look at others,and see their talents, and want ours to shine also. Why do we want them to shine? Is it for God or is it for us? I taught my children when they were small, whether they were doing the dishes, taking out the trash, cleaning their rooms, or doing homework. Do all things as though we are doing them for Christ,and take ourselves and our gain out of the picture. When we can totally focus on Him,and Him alone, we are blessing Him. When we take ourselves,and our wants out of the picture,we are blessing Him. When we step up to the plate,and stand for others,we are giving Him glory. When we take time to touch others in a special way, we are blessing our Lord. He gave us the greatest example,why is it so hard for us to follow? For me, I have to keep my wants and needs in check. I have to remember daily my purpose,and to keep myself out of the picture. It is hard sometimes, the world teaches us that its all about us,and we deserve everything we can get. The world teaches that its okay to climb our way to the top, no matter who gets in our way. The world shows us pictures of families on television,degrading the father and making him look dumb, making the woman think she can do all,and be all, and she needs no one to help her. She is self absorbed with just me. The kids we see are always doing there own thing, often telling the parents how it should be. If this is the example the world is giving, can that possibly give an glory to God? I remember the "Waltons", "Little House on the Prairie", and other family shows, that they were a real family, showing love,and concern,and giving God glory in all they did. When the world started taking God out of everything, so many followed. Where are we in that stand? Are we making a difference, being an example,and showing the way? Life wasn't more simple long ago, it was hard, they worked as a family, they worshipped the Lord,and gave Him glory. We are not busier today than they were long ago, if anything we can say we have grown lazy,and selfish. The world is selfish,and thinking only of me. As I read that scripture today, I had to really think, is my heart in the right place,and am I giving all to him, and am I praising Him for all I have? Am I doing everything for the Lord,and putting my own selfish desires aside? I think this is a daily battle we fight with the armor of God. We have to die to ourselves daily,and remember who we are. We are children of God. For all He did for us, He deserves our best,not what we have left over. Too many times we take the best,and give Him what time we have left. I want the world to look at me,and see something different. I want the world to see Christ through me,and the only way that will happen is if I die to myself, and put God where He belongs. First in my life,and then all things will fall into place. The Lord touches us through many people,places and things in our lives. Blessings are all around us, if we will just open our eyes and see them. Today, in all I do, I pray I give glory to God in all things,in my laughter, my tears,my pain,and the trials of life. I pray I can see when I am wrong,and allow the Lord to put me on the right path. What about you? What do you want to give to the Lord today? Lets give Him our best,our love,and our praise for everything that enters our lives.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...