Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The friend with the quiet answer

I have this amazing friend,who is not only beautiful,but wise in Gods word,and is the friend of mercy He has given to me to turn to in times of trouble. On a night a few years ago, I was in such a dark place, such a place I didn't want to be in. It was a place where at times I felt alone,and as though I was losing everything dear to me. It was a place that I found myselft on my back deck, crying my eyes out, not sure of what to do. It was a beautiful night, I remember it so well. The stars were out in form. As I looked up, I remember calling out to God,and asking Him do you hear me? Where are you? Do you see that I cannot go on any further? It was at a place where I didn't think I could take another step. I knew things were coming I did not want to face, nor did I want to realize. Life was taking a detour, on a road I didn't know,and didn't want to travel. As I sat on my back deck, I had my phone in my hand, and I dialed the only number that I could at the time.It was the number of my friend who is always there, who has always been there every step of the way. Who has stood by my side, prayed for me, lifted me up,and gave Godly advice when my heart was so lost. As I asked my friend,what should I do,she gave me a verse,that I have never forgotten, nor have I taken for granit.It is Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath,but a harsh word stirs up anger." She told me to me speak with words that Christ would use. To speak softly, to know that God was with me. As she spoke, I cried, I couldn't stop that night. Sometimes we are so lost in our pain we do and say things we shouldn't. We turn into people, we don't even recognize. I hung on to those words, and as the night carried on, and as I faced the sharpness of my pain face to face,those words carried me through. Each thought, each word, each moment was all Christ. He was there with me, speaking for me,and lifted me through that night that I will never forget. No matter how harsh the words were coming at me, I continued with me verse I kept repeating in my mind over and over again. My words were soft,and they did turn wrath away for that night. My trial went on, for it still goes on today,but I know the Lord is with me,and so is my sweet friend who will always be a mercy to others, it is a gift from Christ. She can calm you with her hands on yours, she can sweetly say a prayer, she is a willing vessel for God to use to comfort others in there time of need. She is one of my best friends.I am so blessed to have her in my life, she has taught much,we laugh,we cry,we pray, we share everything. She is special beyond words, she is a gift, most of all,she is beauty, for she lets the Lord shine through her.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...