Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Anniversary

Today was my anniversary. My husband and I have been married for 18 years today. Usually its the man who forgets the date or how many years. Well the day is easy since its Valentines Day,but I always seem to add a year and he has to correct me. Today was a blessing. To us, our anniversary just wasn't the day we married, but the day our families came together, so we celebrate together. Now its harder with all our kids all spread out. Today was great. We ate dinner with our sons, took a long drive, got lots of well wishes, gifts from my Mother, texts from our daughter, and an e-mail from another. The best part of the whole day was when my husband gave me a homemade card. Just from him, with his words of love. It even rhymed, it was beautiful. He has made many days so special, some days he has come home with flowers he has picked from the side of the road, he has brought me home a soda, or a candy bar thats a favorite. He helps with the house cleaning, and shares in my chores when I do not feel well at all. Not everyday is perfect, some are just kinda rotten, but most are the best when we are just not thinking about me, and we are knocking ourselves out to do something special for the other. I am blessed to have this day to remember,and I will remember for always the special words he gave just to me, no one else wrote them, they came straight from his heart, and that is the way it should be. So thank you Lord, for this day that was much needed. As parents we often forget just how to be a couple, we often loose track, or get off course, because we are doing for our children. But our children need an example of what love is, and we should show them by our actions of love for one another, I believe my husband did that today, by showing a piece of his heart to me.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...