Saturday, February 7, 2009

The woman I admire and want to be......

We have been studying the virtous woman. We were finding examples of this character, and I could think of one who stood out among all others. She was also the salt of the earth. That was Ms. Venida Powers. She is now with the Lord,and I am most sure He is smiling to have her near Him, as she too, is most happy to be with the one she loved and served. How can I even think of words to describe her? There are so many qualities she possessed that all women want to be. She was honorable, she was full of wisdom, she carried in her heart so much joy,that it just oversplashed on to others. You could not be in her presence without feeling loved. She was herself, and always was willing to give, to give all she had. She taught me many things, and we shared many days together, along with many laughs. She was a woman like no other I have yet to meet. She loved the Lord with all her heart, and she shared Christ's love with everyone she would meet. She was honored by her family,and friends. She taught us by example how to be the best wives we could be, the best everything we needed to be. She always wore a smile, and was ready to give you a hug. She was thoughful,and so unselfish. She was a hard worker, who usually could out work anyone. Every thing she did, she gave it her all. She was honest,and would give you advice,and her opinion. She was grace, class, and beauty all rolled up in one tiny,and spunky lady. If I grow to become half the woman she was, my family will be blessed. I always looked to her as my second momma. She had a place in her heart for everyone. I miss her today, the talks we shared over a class of lemon tea, the hugs she gave so freely. She was a woman who put Christ first, then her wonderful family, and friends. She was someone you looked forward to seeing, and felt good after a visit. We could all learn from Ms. Venida, she walked the walk and talked the talk. She was ready to stand for her faith. Although she is no longer with us here on this earth, her presence,and her memory are always near in my heart...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...