Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Hand Given ......

It always seems that when we are in need, someone pops up out of the blue. I have to tell this story and say thank you for the loving hand given to me when it was least expected. Last summer, many of the ladies of our church went to a conference called Women of Faith. It was amazing in itself. This year we tried something new, we thought we would try the Metro Link.Oh,yea,bad idea... Anyway on with my story. As we were leaving the conference one night the Metro Link was over crowded you could say the least. I am one who suffers from severe panic attacks. The one person who knows is not there with me at the time, so as we are boarding this train, we here "Push yourself forward, be aggressive,keep pushing until you are in!" I'm about to die, thinking there is no way in the world I am gettting on that thing with all those people. I know I have to though, so I try my best to push my fears aside, and I try to be aggressive,(which is a joke,getting on a train full of men!)so when I finally get on,I think I'm gonna stop breathing.Some would laugh, or say "thats no big deal",but if you have panic attacks, sometimses it is.Just when I think I'm now gonna fall,a hand comes out for me and pulls me toward her. She pulls me to her seat, which she is also sharing, sits me on her lap. To me, this was a lifesaver,this meant the world to me. She reached out for me,and had no idea what was going on,but God knew. He knew I needed a touch, and He came through this wonderful friend. I never told her of this story, you dont really tell people ya have panic attacks all the time.I have kept this close to my heart.We'll just call her the secretary,and that will be enough.I just want to say thank you for the hand you held out to me. For the comfort you gave me in a time when you didn't even know,but God knew and you were there for me.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...