Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Country Life.....

I never thought I would live in the country as I got older. I lived in the country as a child, and just knew I would marry a man from the city and live in a big city. Nope, God had other plans for me. I met my husband in the country, and that is where we stayed. Its funny I said I would never marry a man from the country, and I did just that. Never say never. I love the country, and could not see myself in the city. God knew exactly what He was doing. Its so beautiful when it snows, to watch the sun come up, or sit outside and watch it go down. To be able to walk out your back deck and see wildlife is amazing. I love to watch the birds. For a present my daughter gave me a birdfeeder, and I love to watch the birds come up to feed and hear their beautiful song. We can go swimming in the creek, or take long walks in the woods. Go fishing at our friends pond. To sit out on a spring evening and close your eyes and just feel the breeze is amazing. The kids and I use to lay out on blankets and watch the clouds and tell what we thought the shapes looked like. You can fly kites, lay in the sun, or have a garden full of vegtables. People wave when you drive by, they take a moment to ask how you are. Your neighbors are your friends, and you know there always there. Country life is beautiful, words cannot fully explain the sights you would see. On Sunday mornings at the local store people are stopping in for gas or soda before they go to church. Everyone loves their local hairstylist, shes as honest as they come. The post master knows you by name, and always has a kind word. Saturdays are days for yard sales, you see them everywhere. We have a little bit of everything in the country, something for everyone to enjoy. Its a life that inspires, and blesses the hearts of all who come to stay.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...